The New Life Worship Center COGIC held its first service on October 24th, 1982 in the home of Pastors Claude and Regina Harris. The first members were Claude Harris Sr, Regina Harris, Hattie Coleman, and Claude Harris Jr.
After only three years the congregation not only grew out of the Pastor’s home, but also the building at 2402 Old Savannah Rd. So in November of 1985, the New Life Worship Center Moved to 1017 8th Avenue, Augusta GA.
It was at this location that the Worship Center experienced awesome growth and increase in the ministry. Pastor Harris developed Life Line Hotline, Life Line Food Pantry, Tutoring Program, Witnessing and Outreach Team, and counseling.
In 1996, God gave Pastor Harris the vision for the Nehemiah Project and called for New Life to rise up and build. The church moved its services to a local middle school the following year, and in 1998 purchased the land at 3550 Morgan Rd, Hephzibah, Ga.
By August 1998 phase one of the Nehemiah Project began with the ground breaking service for the Family Life Center.
In the midst of the building, the ministry continued to grow and expanded to include two television broadcasts: “Life with Gina” and the “Proceeding Word”.
Only one year after breaking ground, phase one of the Nehemiah Project was completed. The church moved to its current location and has since purchased 22.2 additional acres adjacent to the grounds towards phase two of the project.
In 2006, the church built Wisdom World Childcare and Learning Facility.
Today the church continues to grow and declare the Gospel of the Kingdom that all who may receive might have life and life more abundantly!